Work with us at Kaboom!
Kaboom is actively seeking enthusiastic and hard-working Store Managers and Regional Supervisors for seasonal retail locations opening in May 2016 across Ontario. Retail, customer service, sales and management experience is not necessary, but will be considered an asset.
Successful candidates will be responsible for managing all store and sales operations, leading all store employees, conducting local marketing efforts and controlling inventory.
As a Store Manager, you will:
- Hire, train and manage all of the employees for your store
- Manage all store and sales operations
- Conduct local marketing activities and supporting corporate initiatives
- Tightly control inventory and cash
- Attend and pass all training and education regarding:
- the Kaboom product line
- regional fireworks regulations and industry standards
- Take care of your store’s maintenance, safety, and cleanliness
- Ensuring your store presents itself to the best of Kabooms's customer-first traditions
Successful candidates will be working 8-13 hours per day for the week prior to and including Victoria Day and Canada Day and will be paid a base rate of $15/hour, statutory holiday pay, and be eligible for a performance bonus.
As a Regional Supervisor, you are responsible for the oversight and general support of up to 12 retail locations. Kaboom is a seasonal business and most of our locations are only permitted to be open a very short time and we serve a great many customers in those short weeks.
You are there to ensure that the stores in your region have what they need and are running smoothly.
- helping your store managers with setups and take-downs
- sales, marketing and inventory control are being managed effectively
- marketing efforts are conducted
- liaising with head office to support your stores
- helping address urgent needs for inventory, parts and equipment, and supplies
All successful candidates must have:
- Your stores will be spread throughout your region and your duties mean you need to visit your stores. You will need a driver's license valid in Ontario and access to a vehicle
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- A customer-first attitude
- A knowledge of your region
Apply soon! Store locations are going fast!Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Briefly explain in your email why you would be an asset to our team.
We’re currently hiring for the following areas:
Ajax, Alliston, Barrie, Belleville, Bradford, Brampton, Burlington, Cambridge, Carleton Place, Etobicoke, Fenelon Falls, Fort Erie, Georgetown, Gloucester, Hamilton, Hanover, Hawkesbury, Kanata, Keswick, Kingston, London, Midland, Milton, Mississauga, Nepean, Newmarket, North Bay, North York, Orangeville, Orleans, Oro Medonte, Oshawa, Ottawa, Pickering, Sault Ste. Marie, Scarborough, Smiths Falls, St. Thomas, Stratford, Sudbury, Toronto, Waterdown, Whitby, Windsor
Kaboom, founded in 1987 and based in Ontario, has been selling consumer fireworks for over 25 years through a growing number of year-round and seasonal retail locations as well as via wholesale at great Canadian companies like Canadian Tire. In 2016 we will be celebrating a huge milestone: 20 years selling online. As one of the most recognized and respected brands in the market, we pride ourselves on best-in-class customer service and product expertise. Our goal is to provide our customers with a fun, exciting, and safe fireworks experience. With this in mind, we invest a lot of effort in finding the right people to manage our retail stores.